These policies and guidelines drive the website usage, online purchase and general e-commerce rules for Rare Publications.
Rare Publications prohibits the use of language that is racist, hateful, sexual or obscene in nature in a public area.
This policy extends to text within listings, on Seller pages and all other areas of the site that another User may view. If the profane words are part of a title forthe item being sold, we allow Sellers to 'blur' out the bulk of the offending word with asterisks (i.e., s*** or f***).
Please report any violations of this policy to the correct area for review:
- Report offensive Display Names
- Report offensive language in a listing or otherwise
If a feedback comment; or any communication made between Users on the Website; or email communication between Users in relation to transactionsconducted on Website contain profanity, please review Our feedback removal policy and submit a request for action/removal.
Disciplinary action may result in the indefinite suspension of a User's account, temporary suspension, or a formal warning.
Rare Publications will consider the circumstances of an alleged policy violation and the user's trading records before taking action.
Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
- Limits placed on account privileges;
- Loss of special status;
- Account suspension.
The Refund Policy seeks to assist Buyers who have been defrauded by qualified sellers on the Website. If at the time of delivery and/or within specified days from the date of delivery of the product/s, if any defect is found, then the buyer of the product/s can ask for replacement of the product/s from the seller/Rare Publications. If Rare Publications has suspicion or knowledge, that any of its buyers and sellers are involved in any activity that is intended to provide claims or information that is false, misleading or not genuine, then Rare Publications may while reserving its rights to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against User may also at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name of such buyer and seller and /or disqualify that User and any related Users from availing protection through this program. Rare Publications reserves its right to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against a User who, files a invalid and/or false claims or provides false, incomplete, or misleading information. In addition to the legal proceedings as aforesaid, Rare Publications may at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name [and its related Display Names] of such User and/or disqualify that User and any related Users from availing protection through this program. Any person who, knowingly and with intent to injure, defraud or deceive, files a Fraudulent Complaint containing false, incomplete, or misleading information may be guilty of a criminal offence and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Definition: ‘Return’ is defined as the action of giving back the item purchased by the Buyer to the Seller on the Rare Publications website. Following situations may arise:
- Item was defective
- Item was damaged during the Shipping
- Products was / were missing
- Wrong item was sent by the Seller.
Return could also result in refund of money in most of the cases.
Points to be noted:
- Seller can always accept the return irrespective of the policy.
- If Seller disagrees a return request, Buyer can file a dispute under the Buyer Protection Program*.
We encourage the Buyer to review the listing before making the purchase decision. In case Buyer orders a wrong item, Buyer shall not be entitled to anyreturn/refund.
Buyer need to raise the refund request within 10 days from the date of payment realization. Once Buyer has raised a return request by contacting Us on OurToll Free Number, Seller while closing the return ticket can select one of the following:
- Replace after shipment collection - Seller has agreed to wait for the logistics team to collect the shipment from the buyer before replacing it)
- Refund after shipment collection - Seller has agreed to wait for the logistics team to collect the shipment from the buyer before refunding)
- Refund without shipment collection - Seller has agreed to refund the buyer without expecting the original shipment back)
- Replace without shipment collection - Seller has agreed to replace the order without expecting the original shipment back)
In the event the Seller accepts the return request raised by the Buyer, Buyer will have to return the product and then the refund shall be credited to the Buyers account. In case the Seller doesn’t close the ticket in 3 days from the date of intimation to the Seller about the refund request, the refund request shall be settled in favor of the Buyer. Shipping cost for returning the product shall be borne and incurred by the Seller.
Definition: Replacement is the action or process of replacing something in place of another. A Buyer can request for replacement whenever he is not satisfied with the item, reason being Damaged in shipping, Defective item, Item(s) missing, wrong item shipped and the like.
Points to be noted:
- Seller can always accept the return irrespective of the policy.
- Seller disagrees for a return request, Buyer can file a dispute under Buyer Protection Program*.
Buyer need to raise the replacement request within 10 days from the date of delivery of products. Once Buyer has raised a replacement request by contacting Us on the mail id provided on the Website. Once the replacement request has been raised, the following steps shall be followed:
- Buyer is asked for “Reason for Return”. Among others, the following are the leading reasons:
- Shipping was damaged
- Item was defective
- Item Dead on Arrival
- Item(s) were missing
- Wrong item sent
- An intimation shall be provided to Seller seeking either “approval” or “rejection” of the replacement request.
- In case the Seller accepts the replacement request, Buyer shall be required to return the product to the Seller and only after return of the product, Seller shall be obliged to provide the replacement product to the Buyer.
- In case Seller rejects the replacement request, Buyer can choose to raise a dispute by writing to info@Rare Publications.com.
In case the Seller doesn’t have the product at all, Seller can provide the refund to the Buyer and Buyer shall be obligated to accept the refund in lieu of replacement. All the product parameters shall be required to be complied with in cases of replacement. If the Seller doesn’t respond to the Buyer’s replacement request, within three (3) days from the date of replacement request placed by the Buyer, refund shall be processed in favour of Buyer and Seller shall be liable to refund amount paid to the Seller. All shipping and other replacement charges shall be borne and incurred by the Seller.
Disputes (Resolutions) Policy
Generally, transactions are conducted smoothly on Rare Publications. However there may be some cases where both the Buyers and Sellers may face issues. At Rare Publications,we have a Dispute Resolution process in order to resolve disputes between Buyers and Sellers.
What is a ‘dispute’?
A ‘Dispute’ can be defined as a disagreement between a Buyer and a Seller in connection with a transaction on the Website.
How does a ‘dispute’ occur in the Marketplace?
Disputes are filed as a result of a disagreement between the Buyer and the Seller. Disputes arise out of an issue that is raised by either party not being completely satisfied with the resolution of their complaint/issue.
It is important that before a Buyer/Seller raises a dispute, they should attempt to solve the issue. Please note that whenever a Buyer raises a dispute, the Seller’s payment for that order is put on hold immediately until the issue is resolved.
How is a ‘dispute’ created?
Whenever there is a disagreement, the Buyer can write to firstname.lastname@example.org, while the Seller can write to ss@Rare Publications.com, in order to raise a dispute. Disputes can be raised at a particular transaction level.
What are the various types of ‘disputes’?
Following are the indicative examples of potential disputes:
- Wrong item received
- Item Not as described
- Damaged or Seal broken on Product
- Part/Accessory missing
- Item not Compatible
- Seller Description/Specification Wrong
- Defective (Functional issues)
- Product not working and Manufacturer claims invalid Invoice
In case the Seller rejects the return request of the Buyer, and Buyer raises a dispute, then Rare Publications will try to mediate and resolve the dispute between both the parties. If the dispute is resolved in favour of the Buyer, a refund is provided once the product is returned to the Seller. If the dispute is settled in favour of the Seller, Buyer is entitled to any refund.
Buyer Protection Program
In case of a dispute where the Seller is unable to provide a refund or a replacement, Rare Publications will actively work towards reaching a resolution.
The Buyer Protection Program covers Buyers who are unable to successfully resolve their dispute with the Seller or are not satisfied the resolution provided bythe Seller.
The Buyer can write to email@example.com if the issue with the Seller is not resolved. Rare Publications’s Customer Support team will look into the case to checkfor possible fraud and if the Buyer has been blacklisted/blocked from making purchases on the Website. Only after verifying these facts, a dispute can beregistered.
In due course of resolution, Rare Publications’s Customer Support Team will facilitate a conference call including the Seller and the Buyer.
When a dispute has been raised, Rare Publications may provide both the parties access to each others Display Names, contact details including email addresses and other details pertaining to the dispute. Buyers and Sellers are subject to final consent from Rare Publications for settling the dispute.
Buyer Eligibility and Restrictions
- Only the Buyers who have purchased the product on Rare Publications are eligible for the Buyer Protection Program.
- Buyers can file a dispute within 45 days from the date of delivery of the product
- Any damage or loss to the product after delivery will not be covered under this program and will completely be the Buyer’s responsibility. Buyers should refuseto accept delivery if the item is damaged.
- To be able to take advantage of the Buyer Protection Program, Buyers should first contact the Seller and attempt to resolve the issue. If the Buyer doesn't hear from the Seller or is unable to resolve the issue with the Seller even after contact, a dispute can be raised with Rare Publications by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fraudulent charges and claims are not covered under Buyer Protection Program
- If the Buyer has already initiated chargeback through the credit card issuingbank, it will not be covered under Buyer Protection Program, though in such cases a Seller can file a claim through the Seller Protection Program.
- Blacklisted and Blocked Buyers are not covered by the Buyer Protection Program.
- Buyers who have reached their maximum lifetime limit for claims are also not eligible. Buyers can make a maximum of 5 claims per year on Rare Publications. If the claim was withdrawn, it is not counted. The coverage amount will be limited to 5,000
- Through the Buyer Protection program, Rare Publications does not provide any guarantee/warranty to Buyers for products sold on Rare Publications against technical/manufacturing defects.
- Raising disputes against Sellers does not automatically entitle the Buyer to a refund or replacement for the product purchased. Rare Publications shall verify the disputesso raised and may process only such claims that are valid and genuine.
- Rare Publications shall at no point be responsible for any direct or indirect losses, expenses, costs of any nature whatsoever that may be incurred by any Buyer/Seller.
- Claims of the nature of ’Buyer remorse’ (i.e. instances where products are bought by the Buyer by mistake or where the Buyer chooses to change his/her mind with regard to the product purchased by him) will not be entertained through this program.
- Rare Publications reserves its right to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against a User who, files an invalid and/or false claims or provides false, incomplete, or misleading information. In addition to the legal proceedings as aforesaid, Rare Publications may at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name [and its related Display Names] of such User and/or disqualify that user and any related users from availing protection through this program.
- Decisions made by Rare Publications under the Buyer Protection Program shall be final and binding on its Users.
- Rare Publications reserves the right to modify / discontinue Buyer Protection Program without any prior notice period to its Users.
- Through this program, Rare Publications shall not entertain claims of Buyers who have incurred loss due to delayed shipment or delivery of the item by the Seller.
Disputes via Chargeback
Whenever a chargeback (CB) comes from a payment gateway/bank, following situations may arise:
- Item not received CB - Buyer hasn’t received the item. Refund will be created in accordance with the dispute policies
- Unauthorized CB - Buyer hasn’t made this particular transaction. Refund will be created in accordance with the dispute policies.
- Rare Publications/Seller expressly agrees that issuing the correct and complete invoice is the sole and primary responsibility of the Seller. Furthermore, Seller shall ensure that invoices state "Promoted by Rare Publications" and failing to do so Seller will be liable for chargebacks (as applicable).
- Item not as described - meaning item is not what Buyer expected. Dispute will be decided in accordance with the dispute policies.
Email Abuse & Threat Policy
Private communication, including email correspondence, is not regulated by Rare Publications. Rare Publications encourages its Users to be professional, courteous and respectfulwhen communicating by email.
However, Rare Publications will investigate and can take action on certain types of unwanted emails that violate Rare Publications policies.
Threats of Bodily Harm – Rare Publications does not permit Users to send explicit threats of bodily harm.
Misuse of Rare Publications System – Rare Publications allows Users to facilitate transactions through the Rare Publications system, but will investigate any misuse of this service.
Spoof (Fake) email – Rare Publications will never ask you to provide sensitive information through email. In case you receive any spoof (fake) email, you are requested toreport the same to Us through ‘Contact Us’ tab.
Spam (Unsolicited Commercial email) – Rare Publications’s spam policy applies only to unsolicited commercial messages sent by Rare Publications Users. Rare Publications Users are notallowed to send spam messages to other Users.
Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of Rare Publications – Rare Publications prohibits email offers to buy or sell listed products outside of the Rare Publications Website. Offers of this nature are apotential fraud risk for both Buyers and Sellers.
Rare Publications policy prohibits user-to-user threats of physical harm via any method including, phone, email and on Our public message boards.
Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
- Limits on account privileges
- Account suspension
- Cancellation of listings
- Loss of special status
Rare Publications does not take responsibility or liability for the actions, products, content and services on the Website, which are linked to Affiliates and / or third party websites using Website’s APIs or otherwise. In addition, the Website may provide links to the third party websites of Our affiliated companies and certain other businesses for which, Rare Publications assumes no responsibility for examining or evaluating the products and services offered by them. Rare Publications do not warrant the offerings of, any of these businesses or individuals or the content of such third party website(s). Rare Publications does not endorse, in any way, any third party website(s) or content thereof.
Rare Publications Infringement Verification (FIV) – Reporting Listing Violations
Rare Publications has put in place Rare Publications Infringement Verification process so that intellectual property owners could easily report listings that infringe their rights. It is in Rare Publications’s interest to ensure that infringing products are removed from the site, as they erode Buyer and good Seller trust.
- If you are a Verified Rights Owner and want to report a listing issue, see Rare Publications’s FIV. Note: Only the intellectual property rights owner can report potentiallyinfringing products or listings through FIV. If you are not the intellectual property rights owner, you can still help by getting in touch with the rights owner and encouraging them to contact us.
- If your listing was removed through FIV, and you believe that your listing was removed in error, please contact us.
Rare Publications does not and cannot verify that Sellers have the right or ability to sell or distribute their listed products. However, Rare Publications is committed to removinginfringing or unlicensed products once an authorized representative of the rights owner properly reports them to Rare Publications.
FIV works to ensure that item listings do not infringe upon the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of third parties. FIV participants have the ability to identify and request removal of allegedly infringing products and materials.
Any person or company who holds intellectual property rights (such as a copyright, trademark or patent) which may be infringed upon by products listed on Rare Publications is encouraged to become a FIV member.
Program membership entitles you (Verified Rights Owner) to the following benefits:
- Rapid response by Rare Publications in ending listings reported by you (as the Verified Rights Owner) as allegedly infringing
- Dedicated priority email queues for reporting alleged infringements
- The ability to obtain identifying information about Rare Publications’s users’
How to Become a FIV Member
To join the FIV, we require only that you fully complete and email Us a Notice of Infringement form specifying the allegedly infringing listings and the infringed work, complete with an original authorized signature. The information requested by the Notice of Infringement is designed to ensure that parties reporting products are authorized by the rights owners, and to enable Rare Publications to easily identify the material or listing to be ended.
In the interest of keeping the process easy and simple, after we receive your first Notice of Infringement in hard copy, future notices can be sent to Us by email at ss@Rare Publications.com.
Note: In your notice of infringement, you shall be required to identify the individual listing which is infringing your intellectual property. General notices shall not be accepted.
We are happy to receive such information, but must advise that we may be limited in Our ability to respond to your request absent formal notice from anauthorized rights owner.
Notice of Infringement
I, [name] ____________________________ of [address] _________________________ do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:
1. I am the owner of certain intellectual property rights, said owner being named __________________ ("IP Owner").
2. I have a good faith belief that the item listings or materials identified in the annexure attached hereto are not authorised by the above IP Owner, its agent, orthe law and therefore infringe the IP Owner's rights. Please expeditiously remove or disable access to the material or products claimed to be infringing.
3. I may be contacted at:
Title & Company ________________________________________________________
Email (correspondence) ___________________________________________________
and I make this declaration conscientiously believing it to be true and correct.
Declared by ______________________________
on [date] ___________________________________ in [place]________
Addendum to Notice of Infringement:
List of Allegedly Infringing Listings, Products, or Materials
A Note on Reason Codes: When identifying item numbers please use the reasons below. When removing products from the site, Rare Publications will inform Sellers of the specific reason for the removal of their products.
Select the most appropriate reason. Please associate each item you report with only one reason code.
- Trademark owner doesn’t make this type of product or has discontinued the production of the product
- Item(s) is an unlawful replica of a product made by the trademark owner or is counterfeit
- Listing(s) has unlawful comparison to trademark owner’s brand or product
- Listing(s) contains unlawful use of trademark owner’s logo
- Software is being offered without any license or in violation of a license
- Item(s) is a bootleg recording;
- Item(s) is an unlawful copy (software, games, movies, etc.);
- Item(s) is unlawful duplication of printed material
- Item(s) is an unlawful copy of other copyrighted work (paintings, sculptures, etc.)
- Listing(s) comprises unauthorized copy of copyrighted text
- Listing(s) comprises unauthorized copy of copyrighted image
- Listing(s) comprises unauthorized copy of copyrighted image and text
Work(s) infringed: _________________________________________________________
Item Number(s): ___________________________________________________________
- Please provide the ownership of Trademark (Trademark Registration Certificate should be in the name of applicant)
- provide the evidence as to the ownership of copyright.